Our membership is drawn from all sectors of the Victorian education community and encompasses: Pre-school teachers; primary, secondary, tertiary and special needs educators; curriculum advisors / consultants; primary and secondary computer coordinators; primary and secondary specialist teachers, principals; ICT technicians and specialists; ICT industry representatives; and educational administrators.
Our mission is to provide exemplary professional services to members; provide a vibrant expert presence within the Victorian educational community; the promotion of information and communication technologies within all levels of education; and the advocacy of the positive role of information and communication technologies plays in enhancing teaching and learning.
Being a member of ICTEV provides all members with the following:
- Significant discounts on all professional development courses.
- Significant discounts at the ICTEV annual state conference.
- Significant discounts at the ACCE national conference.
- Access to apply for ICTEV research grants.
- Access to apply for funding to attend the WCC (World Computer Congress).
- Eligible for nomination for the ICTEV Victorian Teacher of the Year (winner is eligible for nomination for the ACCE National Teacher of the Year).
- Eligible to apply for the ACCE Professional Associate Structure.
- Eligible for nomination for the ICTEV Victorian Leader of the Year (winner is eligible for nomination for the ACCE National Leader of the Year).
- Specialised professional development courses; we can develop and tailor professional development courses specifically for your school.
- Access to ICTEVs resources, ICTEV library including CAPC and LWTI archive, CEGV / ICTEV and ACCE publications, state and national proceedings, publications from other CEGs and international journals.
- Publications: Interface published quarterly, ICT in Education Journal and Australian Education Computing each published biannually and weekly ICTEV eNewsletter.
- Access to professional support and decision makers.
- Membership of the Australian Council of Computers in Education.
- Association with ISTE - International Society for Technology in Education.
- Association with the Council of Professional Teaching Association of Victoria.